UC Cooperative Extension Ventura County
669 County Square Dr. Suite 100
Ventura CA 93003
Our offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and our team is telecommuting from home. We are available via phone and email.
Click here for our office directory: Contact/Staff Info
Shade Tree Disease Webinar Series
Join UC Cooperative Extension Advisor Dr. Jim Downer for his 5-part Shade Tree Disease webinar series.
When: Every Friday in October starting October 2nd, from 12:30-2:00 p.m. via Zoom. Click below for more details and registration information.
Post-Fire Soil Safety Webinar
Are you growing food on a property impacted by wildfire? Fire introduces new considerations for growing produce and raising backyard poultry. In this free virtual webinar, learn from scientists who have studied urban wildfires in California, including: what questions to ask, how to improve soil health and make informed decisions about food safety, which agencies might have helpful information, and what remains unknown in this burgeoning field of study.
Saturday, Oct 17, 2020
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Register at ucanr.edu/postfiresoilsafety
COVID-19: UCCE Ventura Operations Information
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 virus spread, the UCCE Ventura County office and Hansen Agricultural REC will be closed from March 18, 2020 until further notice in accordance with UC guidelines and the Ventura County Stay Well at Home order. UC academics and staff will continue to work remotely during normal business hours.
All UC ANR-hosted meetings/events scheduled through July 2020 have been canceled, postponed or will be conducted via Zoom. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds and will update the website with any changes. If you have questions or concerns, email us at email@example.com.
Thanks for understanding and stay well.
Director UCCE Ventura/HAREC
UCCE Ventura County- Blogs
Can't Say It Often Enough Advice from Index Fresh POST HEAT TREE MANAGEMENT September 2020 HEAT STRESS Why are avocado trees so heat sensitive? Water is taken up by the roots and is essential for overall tree metabolism and carrying...
AG Advisors Research and Diagnostics
Fire season is upon us and it's critical to be prepared. Here are some important resources to help you get ready and stay apprised of fire activity in Ventura County.
Here are other resources we recommend:
- Fire in California This is UC ANR's comprehensive fire resources website. This site contains the latest information on fire ecology; wildfire preparation; health and safety in wildfires; wildfire recovery; and more. Useful information for homeowners, land owners and land stewards.
- CA Fire Science Consortium is a network of scientists and managers that strives to increase the awareness, understanding, and adoption of wildland fire science information.
- LUC Lab at UC-Berkeley researching land and land use change.
- ReadyForWildfire.org CalFire's fire resources website, which provides many valuable resources for preparedness.
- **NEW Wildfire Risk to Communities maps by US Forestry Service
|Forest Stewardship workshop - Santa Cruz||9/21/2020|
|South American Palm Weevil Webinar||10/6/2020|
|Goldspotted Oak Borer Webinar||10/13/2020|
|Invasive Shot Hole Borers-Fusarium Dieback (ISHB-FD) Webinar||10/20/2020|
|Invasive Shot Hole Borers-Fusarium Dieback (ISHB-FD) In Spanish||10/27/2020|